Funding to Promote Diversity
Students, faculty, and staff may apply for up to $1,500 to support Diversity Events. UDC welcomes proposals to improve the campus climate by the creation of open fora or town meetings which facilitate discussion by community members, students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
These events should relate to the major theme of "unity within a diverse community." Although proposals for funding are accepted and considered, those which support this theme through activity, service, and unity, will be given greater priority by the Committee.
General Funding Information
- Requests will be taken beginning October 1st until May 31st each year.
- Deadline is May 31 of each academic year.
- Funding is available to support the invitation of guest speakers, presentations and campus events consistent with the mission of UDC and as stated in paragraph 1 under "Purpose of Awarding Funds."
- Funding is limited to $1,500 maximum depending on the decision of UDC and subject to the availability of funds.
- Proposals will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and will be evaluated based on feasibility, potential for campus-wide appeal and promotion of concerns for diversity on campus.
- Not every proposal will necessarily be funded; however, they may be partially funded depending on availability and circumstances agreed to by a majority vote of UDC.
|Funding is open to CSUSB academic and administrative departments, student groups and officially recognized campus organizations.||Proposals must be submitted at least 30 days before the event online.|
|Funded events must take place at CSUSB or Palm Desert Campus.||If funded, the event must be advertised on the UDC web page by contacting Strategic Communications.|
|Funded events must be open to all members of the university community.||Funding will be awarded as a single expense. Itemized, separate expenses are not allowed, e.g., lodging, travel, food.|
|If event has an admission cost, evidence must be provided that a percentage of free admission is available to students with a hardship situation.||Funding may not be used to purchase gift items including clothing items (such as T-shirts), plaques, decorations or any other item restricted by CSUSB's state budget guidelines.|
|Requests that indicate matching funding has been sought from other entities will be given preference.||Within 60 days following an event approved for funding, department/entity receiving award must submit the form, "firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to comply with this deadline may be subject to cancellation of award.|
|UDC must be acknowledged as a sponsor in all publicity materials. Events should be publicized via campus media as much as possible, e.g., campus listserv, fliers, Coyote Radio, etc. Failure to comply may result in denial of future funds.||Deadline to submit requests is May 31 every academic year.|