Applications are CLOSED for the 2019-2020 school year!
In 2001, the DoD CySP program was established to increase the number of qualified cybersecurity, information assurance, and information technology professionals tasked with protecting the nation's information infrastructure. This program gives regionally and nationally accredited Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education the opportunity to submit proposals to develop a grant-funded scholarship program at CSUSB.
Students selected to participate in the Information Assurance scholarship program will receive the full cost of tuition as well as a stipend ($25,000 for undergraduates and $34,000 for graduates) to cover room and board. In addition, all students selected must sign a written agreement to work for the DoD, for one calendar year for each year of scholarship assistance.
Students are also expected to attend internships with the DoD during the summer, which will be arranged by the DoD, while he/she is receiving scholarship funding. Internships do not count towards the 1-2 year obligation requirements after completing the scholarship program.
- United States Citizen 18+ Older
- Full-time CSUSB student (no outside employment while receiving the DoD CySP Scholarship)
- Pursuing an academic program in Cybersecurity at CSUSB
- Enrolled in the final one-two years of a bachelor's, master's, at CSUSB
- 3.2+ GPA for undergraduate students or a 3.5+ for graduate students
- Eligible for federal employment
- Able to obtain a security clearance
Please provide your resume, plus the following documents:
- A separate 8.5x11 page with your name and school that highlights you recognitions, honors, and awards
- A separate 8.5x11page assessment of your knowledge and ability of the 6 competency areas
- 2 letters of recommendation (professional and academic, addressing the following factors:
- Relationship of the referee to you
- The length of the relationship
- An assessment of potential for academic success and fulfillment of degree requirement
- An assessment of your knowledge and ability over 6 competency areas
- Agreement to accept a federal appointment and intern assignment under the DoD or a federal hiring authority (preferences for employment agency or location are not guaranteed)
- This requires students to agree to serve one year of service to the DoD upon graduation
- Agreement to accept assignments that require travel or changes in duty station
- Applicant must meet with Dr. Tony Coulson during their application process (please arrange an appointment by contacting email@example.com or 909-537-5768)