The Writing Lab helps all students who are completing writing projects in the social sciences whether they are taking GE courses or majoring in one of our fields, such as anthropology, criminal justice, economics, history, geography, political science, psychology, sociology, or social work.
Writing Lab tutors can help with a full spectrum of writing issues:
- Writing thesis statements and introductions
- Fine-tuning drafts for minor errors
- Revising drafts for major issues
- Incorporating data and sources, especially in APA or Chicago style
- Improving grammar through worksheets, handouts, and individualized tutoring for specific issues
The Writing Lab strives to help students improve their grammar, citation, and writing; by doing so, students will become strong writers who succeed in their upper division and graduate-level courses.