The Spring 2022 semester will begin as scheduled for all students on January 22, 2022. The vast majority of classes will be held online from January 22 through February 18. Faculty will be communicating with students regarding how to access classes during the virtual instruction period. Students should be accessing information regarding their specific courses through Canvas and Blackboard learning management systems in myCoyote. Students should also be monitoring their campus email for important updates during this time.
Some limited exceptions will be made for laboratory or studio classes that need to be held in person. Faculty will be communicating with those students as well regarding classes that will be taught in-person.
Yes, all campus offices and services will remain open during the virtual instruction period. For those faculty, staff and students working on, living on, or needing to access campus facilities, COVID safety protocols continue to be in place including completing the daily health screen, wearing of face coverings, and staying away from the campus when feeling ill.
The following locations will remain open to the public and are wifi enabled for participation in online courses:
- Pfau Library including the “Cave” 24/7 study space in the wedge
- Santos Manuel Student Union Lobby and Plaza
- Center for Global Innovation Lobby and Patio
- Various Outdoor locations throughout campus
In addition, students needing a space to attend their online courses are able to utilize unscheduled classrooms. To check specific buildings and rooms for availability use the Open Access Classrooms List
Our campus community has the following resources available to support you.
- Laptop Lending Program: The John M. Pfau Library Laptop Lending Program is distributing laptops to students who need them. Students need to fill out a reservation form at: https://www.csusb.edu/laptop-checkout. Palm Desert Campus students are able to pick up a laptop at the PDC.
- Internet Access: We have pulled together a curated list of resources at https://www.csusb.edu/its/support/covid-19-internet-access. This includes parking and outdoor areas on campus that have Wi-Fi coverage, as well as a list of Internet Service Providers and cellular carriers that participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you would like to request a hotspot for Internet access at home, please fill out the mobile hotspot request form. Please note that there is a limited supply of mobile hotspots for students who need them. Palm Desert Campus students will be able to pick up the hotspot at the PDC.
- Technology Support: The Technology Support Center is available 24/7 at (909) 537-7677, email@example.com and on the web at https://support.csusb.edu. Follow them on Twitter @CSUSBSupport, Instagram @csusbitssupport & Facebook @CSUSBSupport
We continue to monitor the pandemic closely and are making decisions on an event-by-event basis for the period from January 22 through February 18th. If you are planning an in-person event, make sure to review the CSUSB Event Guidelines. Events must be reserved through the Event Management System and information may be provided regarding additional COVID protocols depending on the event.
Yes, all campus offices and services remain open at this time and will remain open throughout the Spring 2022 term. Students are encouraged to visit specific department websites for in-person hours of operation. Some select campus locations are listed below:
No, the pivot to virtual instruction is temporary and courses will return to their original modality following the virtual instruction period. The 2022 spring semester course schedule offers a number of online and hybrid courses. Students who prefer online instruction should review the course schedule for openings in sections listed as an online modality. Students needing assistance should contact their academic advisor (https://www.csusb.edu/advising) or the Office of the Registrar.