Application Process for Outgoing Exchange Students
Before Starting Application
- Attend an information meeting
- Make an appointment with a Education Abroad Advisor
- Complete CSUSB Education Abroad Application online
- Complete Host University Application documents
- Complete Permission Study at Host University form
- Semester/ Year
- Document requirement: Please submit the following information
- Official Transcript*: it takes ~7 business days to be processed by CSUSB registrar’s office
*unofficial transcripts accepted for summer exchange programs
- Copy of Passport Page (To apply for a passport, please go travel.state.gov.)
- Submit 3 Passport-Sized Photos (2 inch x 2 inch)**
- Health Certificate**
- Medical History and Insurance Form**
** semester/year applicant only
- Release Forms
- Student Agreements
- Release of Liability Waiver Agreements
- Medical Emergency Contact Information
- Withdrawal and Refund Fee Procedure Form
- Photo Release Form
After application & documents are processed, the Education Abroad Office will provide you with the application (hardcopy or online portal) to the host university. Hardcopies are submitted directly to the host university.
Acceptance Letter: The host institution mails to the Education Abroad Advisor. The Advisor will contact the student.
Per CSUSB policy requirement, all participants traveling internationally are mandate to purchase the CSU Travel Insurance. Rates vary by duration. The Education Abroad Office will provide you with a quote and payment instructions.
Apply for Visa*
*If applicable. Visa requirements vary by country and length of study.
Before traveling, please view the Travel Alerts & Warnings on travel.state.gov
All participants are encouraged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program - https://step.state.gov/step/
Attend Mandatory Pre-Departure and On-site Orientation
To-Do List PDF
At the completion of your exchange program
- Complete the Education Abroad Evaluation
- Report any change of classes while abroad to Registrars’ Office
- You will receive a copy of your transcripts approximately 8 weeks after the termination of the school term
- The Education Abroad Office will send your transcript to the Registers’ office to input your units and grades from abroad
- Go online and view your unofficial transcript to see that your grades have been posted (approximately 10-12 weeks). If your grades have not been posted, notify the Education Abroad staff immediately.
- Join C.A.S.A (CSUSB Association of Study Abroad) ! You'll have the opportunity to be a member and share with other students about your education abroad experience.
- Include your education abroad experience on your resume!