All international students are required to maintain a full course study as a regulation of their F-1/J-1 visas. Any student planning to take less than the minimum units specified for their degree program must obtain prior authorization.
- There are only a few reasons that will grant a student permission to take less than a full course study. Please review the eligibility requirements explained on the form.
- Must be authorized by the Center for International Studies and Programs.
- Review the Eligibility Requirements.
- Complete a Waiver Request form.
- Submit any evidence to prove the need for the waiver.
- The approval notice will be emailed to you in 5 business days.
*Incomplete requests will cause a delay in the processing time.