The Center for International Studies and Programs (CISP) issues letters of verification for international students with a F-1/J-1 visa needing to present official documentation of their immigration status and/or academic progress.
- Must be in F-1 / J-1 status.
- Must have Health Insurance hold cleared, as well as any other CISP registration hold.
- Must be enrolled full time at CSUSB, or have a Waiver Request form on file.
- Must be authorized by Center for International Studies and Programs.
- Review the eligibility requirements.
- Complete a Request for Documentation form and any other items needed.
- Submit completed form in person to CE-356 or via email.
- Pick up documents after five (5) working days or request to send by mail.
*Incomplete requests will cause a delay in the processing time.
List of Letters of Verification
|Type||Description||Additional Items Needed|
|Enrollment (Regular)||An enrollment verification letter verifies the student’s enrollment for a previous or current term.|
|DMV||In order to receive a driver’s license in California, the DMV office will request a letter of verification stamped by the school issuing the student’s I-20.|
|Tuition||International students are able to request a letter from our office stating the term and the tuition amount they have paid or will pay.|
|Social Security||A Social Security number is issued for employment only. The Social Security Administration will not issue a social security number to students that do not have a job offer.||Students must submit a job offer letter that has the following information listed with the request:
|Visa||Those students whose visas are about to expire can request a letter to verify their academic progress and their intent to continue as a student in the U.S.|
|Expected Graduation||An expected graduation letter is for students preparing to complete their program that need a letter stating the term they will be graduating.||File a graduation check with the Office of Registrar (UH-171)|
|Family Invite||An expected graduation letter is for students preparing to complete their program that need a letter stating the term they will be graduating.||Biographical information form|
|Other||CISP staff can provide letters that are not listed on the request form with approval from the immigration specialists. Select the “other” category and explain in detail.|