Return of the Pack Stay Informed
Main Content Region

I-20 Requests

International students are able to submit I-20 or DS-2019 related requests to our office depending on their individual needs. 

Online Services


Types of I-20 / DS-2019 Requests
Type Description Additional Items Needed
Travel Signature Original I-20 or DS-2019 none
Change of Major (adding Major/Minor) International students who make any changes to their academic plans must notify the CISP office and request a new I-20 or DS-2019 that reflects the changes. Submit the request to change/add major in the Office of the Registrar (UH 171) first and allow 1 week for system to be updated.
Program Extension Participants that need more time to complete their programs can ask for an extension of their I-20 or DS-2019  with approval from their academic advisor. Letter from academic advisor for undergraduates and graduates.ELP/APP/SA USA participants must submit a new bank statement.
Damaged/Lost If your I-20 or DS-2019 is damaged or lost, you can request a new copy. Original I-20 or DS-2019 if damaged
OPT Students applying for OPT must submit this request form as part of their OPT Packet in order to begin their review process. OPT Packet, visit our “Employment” tab for more information.
Other Any other requests related to I-20’s or DS-2019's not listed on the form will be reviewed and dependent on approval.