Main Content Region

Health Insurance


All F-1 and J-1 visa applicants must agree to obtain and maintain health insurance as a condition of registration and continued enrollment at California State University, San Bernardino. Students will not be able to register for classes without purchasing a health insurance plan.

All students and scholars are required to purchase insurance through Relation. The only exceptions are:

  • Students on government scholarships, which provide insurance coverage, must show proof to our office in CGI 301 in order to be excluded.
  • Students on OPT/CPT with an employment-based insurance may qualify for a waiver as long as they show proof to our office in CGI 301 that their coverage meets the minimum requirements.

The U.S. Information Agency requires all J-1 Exchange Visitors and their accompanying dependents to have health and accident insurance which covers emergency evacuation and repatriation. The U.S. government regulations require the University to notify the U.S. Information Agency and to terminate a J-1 exchange visitor status if it is determined that the J-1 scholar has willfully failed to comply with the insurance requirements.

Steps to enroll in coverage:

  1. Visit Relation
  2. Select term/coverage
  3. Complete the enrollment process

Health Insurance Information:

Please download the Insurance brochure for more information on the schedule of benefits, dates of coverage, and program costs. 

Student Health Center (On-Campus)

The health center offers a variety of medical services which include primary care, immunization, nursing care and health education. In addition, the health center is conveniently equipped with a pharmacy and laboratory.

For more information on the services provided, please contact the Student Health Center on campus at or call 909-537-5241.