There are four types of employment that an international student can participate in:
- On-Campus Employment
- Practical Training/Academic Training
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- Academic Training (J-1 only)
- Employment due to Severe Economic Hardship
- Employment with an International Organization (F-1 only)
For more information on employment with an International Organization and Academic Training, please contact an Immigration Specialist.
NOTE: If you need a Social Security Number, please apply for a social security letter at the same time.