Main Content Region


There are four types of employment that an international student can participate in: 

  • On-Campus Employment
  • Practical Training/Academic Training
    • Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
    • Optional Practical Training (OPT)
    • Academic Training (J-1 only)
  • Employment due to Severe Economic Hardship
  • Employment with an International Organization (F-1 only)

For more information on employment with an International Organization and Academic Training, please contact an Immigration Specialist.  

NOTE: If you need a Social Security Number, please apply for a social security letter at the same time.