MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- P. K. Dixon, 'Third Harmonic Dielectric Response of a Water-in-Oil Emulsion', Phys. Rev. B 55, p. 6285 (1997).
- P. K. Dixon and D. J. Durian, 'Speckle Visibility Spectroscopy and Variable Granular Fluidization', Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, p. 184302 (2003).
- P. K. Dixon and Lei Wu, 'Broadband Digital Lock-in Amplifier Techniques', Rev. Sci. Instrum. 60, 3329 (1989).
- P. K Dixon, 'The bug: A temperature-controlled experiment on a protoboard' Am. J. Phys. 75, 1038-1046 (2007).
- T. D. Usher and P. K. Dixon, 'Physics Goes Practical', Am. J. Phys. 70, 30 (2002).
- R. P. Ojha, P. A. Lemieux, P. K. Dixon, A. J. Liu and D. J. Durian, 'Statistical Mechanics of a Gas-fluidized Particle', Nature, 427, p. 521 (2004).
- P. K. Dixon and T. D. Usher, 'Universal Laboratory Prototyping and Interfacing System' United States Patent # 09/930000U 20020124120 (2002). (NI-ELVIS patent).
- Timothy D. Usher, Kimberley R. Cousins, Douglas C. Smith, Renwu Zhang, Eva D. Zurek, Stephen Ducharme, Sara J. Callori, Daniel P. Miller, and Paulo S. Costa, “Materials Genome Approach to Organic Ferroelectrics and Piezoelectrics”, 8th International Conference on Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology, Queenstown, New Zealand, Feb. 14, 2017.
- K.Cousins (presenting), D. Smith, T. Usher, 'Investigating functional organic single crystals at the CSUSB Center for Advanced Functional Materials,' featured speaker, local section meeting (San Gorgonio Section) of the American Chemical Society. Mount St. Mary's College, Doheny Campus, LA, CA, May 16, 2014.
- J.C. Farmer (presenting), A. Sim, T. Usher, 'Intensive Training Academy During Winter Breaks (Winternships) at a Two-Year Hispanic Serving Institution to Prepare STEM Students for Summer Internships' American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, poster, December 15-19, 2014.
- Timothy D. Usher, Kenneth R. Ulibarri, Jr. and Gilberto S. Camargo, 'Piezoelectric Microfiber Composite Actuators for Morphing Wings.' ISRN Materials Science, Article ID 189659, 2013.
- Donna A. Kunkel, James Hooper, Scott Simpson, Geoffrey A. Rojas,1, Stephen Ducharme, Timothy Usher, Eva Zurek, and Axel Enders, 'Proton transfer in surface-stabilized chiral motifs of croconic acid.' Physical Review B, Rapid Communications, 87, 041402, 2013.
- Naoise Grisewood1, John Eves, Tim Usher, and Hans-Benjamin Braun, 'Chiral magnetization configurations in magnetic nanostructures in the presence of Dzyaloshinski-Moriya interactions.' Journal of Applied Physics, 111, pp07C706, February 2012.
- Younghoon Kim, Ling Cai, Timothy Usher, and Qing Jiang, 'Fabrication and Characterization of THUNDER Actuators – Pre-stress Induced Nonlinearity in the Actuation Response.' Smart Materials and Structures, 18, pp7, August 2009.
- Tim Usher and Alec Sim, 'Nonlinear Dynamics of piezoelectric high displacement actuators in cantilever mode.' Journal of Applied Physics, 98, September 2005.
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Binh Pham, Robert Phalen, Naoko Sasanuma, Yacinthe Dorsainvil, Jacqueline Tol, Renwu Zhang*, 'Mechanism on the Permeation of Ethanol in Nitrile Gloves Studied Using Positron Annihilation Lifetime Spectroscopy' J. Appl. Poly. Sci. DOI: 10.1002/APP.41282, 1 – 11, (2015)
- Renwu Zhang*, Jessica Robles, and Jiwoong Kang, Hussein Samha, H. M. Chen and Y. C. Jean, 'Study of the Chemical Environment inside Free Volume Holes in Halogenated Styrene Polymers Using Positron Annihilation Spectroscopy', Macromolecules, 45, 2434 (2012)
- Sui Zhang, Renwu Zhang, Y. C. Jean, D. R. Paul, Tai-Shung Chung 'Cellulose esters for forward osmosis: Characterization of water and salt transport properties and free volume', Polymer, 53, 2664 – 2672 (2012)
- Cheng-Gen Zhang, Renwu Zhang, Zhi-Xiang Wang, Zhen Zhou, Shengbai B. Zhang, and Zhongfang Chen, 'Ti-Substituted Boranes as Hydrogen Storage Materials: A Computational Quest for the Ideal Combination of Stable Electronic Structure and Optimal Hydrogen Uptake', Chemistry – A European Journal, Vol. 15, 5910 – 5919 (2009)
- Renwu Zhang, Patrick Bell, Justin R. Proirie, Paul M. Johnson, Lindsay A Everhart, Y. C. Jean and C. C. Hu, 'Studying Polyamide Water Separation Film Using Slow Positron Beam', Material Science Forum, Vol. 607, 67–69 (2009)
MOST RECENT CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- Poster, 'Studying Gas Solubility in PTMSP using Positron Annihilation Spectroscopy', The 241st American Chemical Society Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA (March 27th – 31st, 2011)
- Poster, 'Studying Liquid Separation Films Using Slow Positron Beam', The 9th International Workshop on Positron and Positronium Chemistry, Wuhan P.R. China (May 11th – 15th, 2008)
- Oral (by student Paul Johnson), 'Chemical Image Formed by Negative Refractivity Between Two Excitable Media', The 2nd Utah Conference on Undergraduate Research, Provo, UT, (February 28th, 2008)
- Oral (by student Justin Chandler), 'Propagation and Refraction of Chemical Waves Induced by an External Pacing', The 1st Utah Conference on Undergraduate Research, Salt Lake City, UT (February 2nd, 2007)
- Poster, 'Studying Conductive Polymer Coating Using Positron Annihilation Spectroscopy', The 14th International Conference on Positron Annihilation, Hamilton, Canada (July 23rd – 28th, 2006)
MOST RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS
- Donna A. Kunkel, James Hooper, Scott Simpson, Sumit Beniwal, Katie L. Morrow, Douglas C. Smith, Kimberley Cousins, Stephen Ducharme, Eva Zurek, Axel Enders, 'Rhodizonic Acid on Nobel Metals: Surface Reactivity and Coordination Chemistry' J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2013, 4 (20), pp 3414 – 3419.
- Gilbert, J.C.; Cousins, K.R. 'Theoretical and Experimental Studies of the 3-Aza-Claisen Rearrangement,' Tetrahedron, 1994, 50, 10671 – 10684.
RECENT PRESENTATIONS AND ABSTRACTS
- Cousins, Kimberley, 'Possible mechanisms for interconversion of polar forms for the ferroelectric diisopropylammonim halides' 249th ACS National Meeting, Denver, Colorado, March 22-26, 2015.
- Kimberley R. Cousins, Douglas C. Smith, Timothy Usher, 'Investigating functional organic single crystals at the CSUSB Center for Advanced Functional Materials,' invited speakers for May 2014 meeting of the San Gorgonio Section of the American Chemical Society.
- Cousins, K.R. 'S-STEM in collaboration with other federally funded programs at a Hispanic Serving Institution', 239th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, San Francisco, March 2010.
- Kunkel, D.A.; Hooper, J.; Simpson, S.; Beniwal, S.; Morrow, K.L.; Smith, D. C.; Cousins, K.; Ducharme, S.; Zurek, E.; Enders, A. 'Rhodizonic Acid on Noble Metals: Surface Reactivity and Coordination Chemistry', J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2013, 4, 3413-3419.
- Black, T.H.; Smith, D.C., Eisenbeis, S.A.; Peterson, K.A.; Harmon, M.S. 'cis-Fused glactones from simple precursors via b-lactone rearrangements.' Chemical Communications 2001, 753-754.
- Smith, D.C.; Forland, S.; Bachanos, E.; Matejka, M.; Barrett, Valerie 'A GC/MS Analysis of Citrus Fruit Extracts.' Chemical Educator 2000, 6, 1-4.
RECENT PRESENTATIONS AND ABSTRACTS
- Cousins, K. R.; Smith, D. C.; Usher, T. 'Investigating functional organic single crystals at the CSUSB Center for Advanced Functional Materials,' invited speakers for May 2014meeting of the San Gorgonio Section of the American Chemical Society.
- Lederer, S.M.; Jensen E.A.; Strojia, C.; Smith, D.C.; Keller, L.P.; Makamura-Messenger, K; Berger, E.L.; Lindsay, S.S.; Wooden, D.H.; Cintala, M.J.; Zolensky, M.E. 'Insights into Collisions between Small Bodies: Comparison of Impacted Magnesium-rich Minerals' American Astronomical Society, DPS meeting #45, #413.28, 2012.