How does the VV-MAThS Program benefit me?
- Receive up to $10,000 per year ($5,000 per semester) in scholarship support.
- Opportunities to observe and work with outstanding math teachers in Victor Valley UHSD.
- Mentoring and support from secondary math teachers, Victor Valley Union High School District district personnel, CSUSB math, and College of Education faculty.
- Become a part of a professional learning community centered around current topics in math education; a community that will continue to support you even after you become a teacher.
What are my obligations as a VV-MAThS Scholar?
- Observe, tutor, and eventually teach under supervision in a secondary classroom in VVUHSD; Scholars are required to be in the classroom for the first 2 weeks of the VVUHSD school year, which begins in early August and then a minimum of 4 hours per week for the rest of the year.
- The VV-MAThS community comes together one evening per month for a 2 hour seminar. VV-MAThS Scholars must be able to attend each of these seminars.
- MUST be willing to work as a full-time employed teacher in the Victor Valley Union High School district for two years post-graduation.
Who is eligible for the VV-MAThS Scholarship Program?
- Enrolled full-time as a student at CSUSB.
- Majoring in mathematics, and within two years from graduating or enrolled in the CSUSB single-subject mathematics credential program.
- Scholarship recipients must be U.S. citizens or nationals, or permanent residents.
- Have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA and 3.0 GPA in major. If your GPA is slightly lower, you may still be considered depending on the pool of applicants, so please still apply.
For more information, contact: