What is Career Counseling?
Career counseling is an area of counseling focused on helping people identify career, educational, and personal goals based on their needs, interests, values, skills, strengths, and life circumstances. Through the career counseling process, guidance is provided to help people make informative and intentional career decisions and establish a course of action for their career and educational pursuits.
Who are the Career Counselors?
Jennifer Carhart, MS
Denise Perez-Flores, MS
Denise is a Career Counselor at the CSUSB Main Campus location and serves as the Liaison to the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration & College of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
What can a Career Counselor help me with?
Career Counselors are here to assist you in all aspects of your career journey. During your appointment with a Career Counselor, you will have the opportunity to ask questions related to career and educational planning, discuss challenges and barriers to success, and work towards accomplishing your goals.
Appointment topics include:
- Major & career exploration
- Career & educational planning
- Resumes, cover letters, & CV's
- Job & internship search
- Graduate school preparation
- LinkedIn profile building
- Interview skills & practice
- Salary negotiation
How do I make an appointment?
- Current students and recent alumni (within one year of graduation) please follow the 3-Step-Process below.
- Alumni - after one year of graduation (fee required) click here for more information.
- Go to mycoyote.csusb.edu.
- Log in to your myCoyote account.
- Select the "Employment Opportunities" icon.
- Select the “Handshake” icon. This will take you to your Handshake student/alumni profile.
- Complete & save your profile.
- From your Handshake Profile homepage, click on the "Career Center" tab located on the top menu bar.
- Select "Appointments" from the drop-down menu and follow the prompts.