At California State University, San Bernardino, internships are a top initiative to provide experiential learning opportunities. The Career Center is dedicated to assisting CSUSB students and alumni identify internship opportunities. Internships are essential to students’ skill attainment and professional growth. Internships can serve as a way to confirm industry interest and establish a professional network which can lead full-time employment. The Career Center at CSUSB is committed to assist students and alumni identify internship opportunities that align with their career interests and pave their career path. Once secured, the Career Center staff provides students with the necessary tools to maximize their internship experience by leveraging connections and encouraging students to develop their own goals. Internships create a valuable learning experience for students to apply their knowledge and skills gained from their academic courses to a real-world setting.
- Serve as an additional learning component apart from in-classroom learning
- Are paid or non-paid and align to students career goals and/or ﬁelds of interest
- Enhance knowledge and skills making interns competitive candidates upon graduation
- Emphasize learning, training and professional development through first-hand experiences
- Provide supervision, learning objectives and constructive feedback
- Confirm and/or explore specific functional areas within your field of interest
Where can I find more information about my major's requirements for internships?
- You can find more information by checking your department/program's website and/or contacting your academic advisor for guidance.
What year of my college experience can I secure an internship?
- Most commonly seen, internship eligibility begins to expand at the end of your sophomore year! However, be sure to check the internship posting for requirements!
If you have any further questions or need guidance on your internship search, please contact the Career Center at (909) 537-5250.