We encourage you to apply to the HACU Conference Scholarship Award. The scholarship covers all travel/logistics, hotel accommodation, meals, and conference registration.
The HACU Annual Conference is a three-day conference, where participants may secure internships and full-time employment as they network with hundreds of students and potential employers.
Apply by March 31, 2021
This year's application deadline has past. Thank you for your interest. Please check back for next year's application cycle.
The online application must be completed in one sitting. You are not able to save and continue at a later time. Please have all required application material / documents ready for upload.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Full-time student at CSUSB (undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students eligible)
- If you have received a HACU Conference Scholarship prior to 2020, you are not eligible
HACU Program Timeline
- Notification of Scholarship Award May 2021
- Attend the Pre-Conference August 2021
- Attend HACU Conference Oct 2021
- Letter of Intent - within this essay, please include the following: a) reason or interest in attending conference; b) any background information you wish to share
- UNOFFICIAL transcripts (unofficial transcripts can be obtained on the Student Center page on myCoyote)
- Letter of Recommendation (from a mentor, family, staff, faculty, employer, or volunteer/internship supervisor). Ask your recommender to provide you this letter, as a pdf. Recommendation Request
- You will be instructed to upload your resume, unofficial transcripts, essay and letter of recommendation, during the online application process.
- Attend Pre-Conference Professional Development
- Send thank you letter to scholarship sponsors
- Complete photo/video release form
- Complete signed Behavior & Participation Expectations Agreement
- Complete pre and post conference surveys
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com
For assisatnce with any of the required materials for this application, schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor using MyCoyote-Advising Tools-Navigate.
*Due to COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccine implementation, the conference has been planned with the expectation that an in-person event will take place. However this may change should events occur that may impact planning.
HACU National Internship Program (HNIP)
In addition to the HACU Annual Conference, HACU also offers the HACU National Internship Program, for students who are seeking to become an intern with a federal agency or a corporation. HACU partners with government and private sectors to identify and connect students with internship opportunities. HACU programs are open to all students. For more information, visit the HACU National Internship Program website.