Acting responsibly; maintaining healthy relationships; enjoying being with others; developing strong friendships and intimate relationships; caring about others and letting others care about you.
- Grab some lunch with your friends at the Food Court at the Santos Manuel Student Union.
- Turn off the TV, phone, or computer to personally connect with people.
- Take a friend and go to one of 40 group exercise classes at the SRWC.
- Think about joining a student organization or club.
- Volunteer to give back to the local San Bernardino community.
- Attend one of ASI's great upcoming events.
- Get a few of your closest friends and cheer on your fellow coyotes at a game.
Focuses on ensuring that you are attentive to your feelings, thoughts and behavior. This includes both positive and negative reactions, though overall you should seek an optimistic approach to life, enjoying life in spite of occasional disappointment.
- Try a wellness workshop.
- Think you might be experiencing symptoms of depression or general anxiety disorder, but not ready to speak with anybody?
- Take a meditation class at the SRWC or CAPS.
- Go relax and enjoy some contemporary art.
Caring for your body in order to stay healthy now and in the future; eating well and being active.
- Did you know that students who get 8+ hours of sleep have higher GPA’s? Schedule your sleep just like you schedule class & social activities.
- Be a kid again: play Intramural Sports soccer or basketball.
- Get 20 minutes of sunlight a day. Come by and relax or get some laps at the aquatic center.
- Having trouble finding affordable and healthy food options. Visit the Den for groceries that are free to students.
- Join the Thrive with Fitbit program. Did you know we have Fitbits for checkout at the library?
- Grab your workout towel and come to the SRWC for a workout!
Growing intellectually, maintaining a curiosity about all there is to learn; valuing life-long learning and responding positively to intellectual challenges.
- Visit the Career Center and learn how to put your resume together.
- Watch a TED Talk on a subject that interests you.
- Find a quiet spot on campus where you can focus on studying like Wilson Park, Library Lawn, or the Legacy Fountain.
- Need help with your studies, check out where your tutoring center need is located.
Creating and being in good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being. It is protecting ourselves from hazards, and minimizing the negative impact of our behaviors on the environment. Or in other words, it is the relationship between people and the environment. Here are some thoughts on how we can improve our impact on the environment.
- Bring nature in. Go take a hike or some peaceful time in a local park. If you are looking for an organized outdoor trip, check out the Adventure program.
- Stick to reusable glass or stainless steel water bottles for your health and the planet.
- Clean green using natural or homemade cleaning products. It is better for you, your home, your pets, and the environment.
- Consider how you are leading a life with sustainability at the front of your mind. Check out what CSUSB is doing to be more sustainable.
Comprehensive knowledge of your own financial circumstances. Learning to live and spend within your financial means as well as plan for your financial future.
Involves discovering a set of beliefs and values that brings purpose to your life. While different groups and individuals have a variety of beliefs regarding spiritualism but the general search for meaning for our existence is considered essential to creating harmony with yourself and others regardless of the path to spirituality you choose to follow.