Tuesday, April 16, 2019
10:00am to 3:00pm (open expo, no registration needed)
Open to all CSUSB Faculty and Staff - SMSU Event Center
*Food/refreshments and amazing giveaways throughout the day.
ITS TechTalks brings together a diverse group of leading technology experts, vendors, innovative educators, design specialists, and solution providers, all united to support our faculty and staff community.
The 3rd annual ITS Tech Talks expo, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, will focus on teaching and learning technologies in support of our faculty and staff community and the CSU Graduation Initiative 2025. The event is a great opportunity for faculty and staff to meet and exchange ideas about technology in education, explore current and emerging technologies, and learn of projects across various disciplines that are using cutting-edge technology to enhance the teaching and learning experience.
The event will include:
- Free software downloads (bring your own device)
- Faculty panel discussion (will be broadcasted live to our Palm Desert Campus)
- Technology demonstrations
- Hands-on opportunities
*Light breakfast will be provided at 10:00 a.m.
10:00 Event begins
10:30 – 10:45 Dr. Clare Weber, Deputy Provost and Associate Provost for Academic Programs
10:45 – 10:55 Dr. Samuel Sudhakar, Vice President and Chief Information Officer
10:55 – 11:00 James Trotter and Tracy Medrano - Overview of agenda, presentations, booths, and giveaways
Faculty Presentations and Prizes
*Lunch will be provided at 12:00 p.m.
11:30 – 11:45 Blackboard lightning presentation and Raffle
12:30 – 1:30 Faculty Panel Discussion: Teaching and learning technologies within various educational disciplines with Dr. Mihaela Popescu as moderator
- Dr. Scott Vance - Virtual Reality
- Dr. Kurt Collins - Virtual Reality
- Dr. Arianna Huhn - 360-degree video
- Dr. Terri Nelson - Group Collaboration using Slack
- Dr. Larry Mink - Adaptive Learning using Smart Sparrow
- Dr. Andreas Beyersdorf - Adaptive Learning using Smart Sparrow
- Dr. Michael Chen - Active Learning Spaces
1:30 – 2:00 Faculty Panel Discussion: Audience Q&A
2:15 – 3:00 Raffle and event closing remarks
Highlights from a past event:
- 3D Printer
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- TelePresence Robotics
- Active Learning Spaces