Are you looking for a way to continue supporting your university? Do you want to make a positive impact in the lives of your fellow Coyotes? Then the all new CSUSB Alumni Mentor Program (powered by the Mentor Collective) is just for you!
Alumni Relations is proud to announce the launch of our new CSUSB AMP. Designed with both students and alumni in mind, the AMP is an amazing opportunity to build connections within our Coyote family. You will have the opportunity to connect with current students who are looking to build their personal and professional networks.
The time commitment will vary depending on how you chose to participate; however, the expectation is less than 1 hour each week.
What is Mentor Collective @ CSUSB?
- CSUSB is one of many schools to partner with Mentor Collective (MC) to provide support within the community through mentorship.
- Mentor Collective matches CSUSB students with a trained mentor based on professional aspiration, common interests, background and academics.
- Mentors are highly qualified CSUSB alumni
- Mentor Collective mentorships involve meeting at least once per month, usually via video chat or in person.
What do mentors and mentees discuss?
- “How your major will impact your professional options.”
- “How to balance the demands of school.”
- “How you can set yourself up for academic and career success.”
What are other mentees saying about the experience?
- “Chris has helped me understand that I am not lost, I am just figuring it out and that it is ok. He has been very welcoming and considerate and has even given me a few different suggestions on scholarship opportunities and other areas in my life. I look forward to building this relationship and taking all that I can from it.” – Daniel Martinez
- “So far I am very pleased with the program. I feel that I have been matched with a mentor that has already achieved or is working to achieve the same goals as me. I feel that we are very similar and can't wait to talk more about your college experiences.” – Anna Bailey
- “He helped me answer a question about life choices. Rob gave me some useful advice regarding his personal experiences and told me that success isn't based on how much money you make or how other people see you, but success is defined by oneself.” Daniel Cuateco
- “My mentor has been an amazing help in my life, he makes me realize and see things more clearly. Sometimes it's in front of your face but can't see until someone puts into words for you.” – Eddy Gonzalez
What are mentors saying about the experience?
- “I'm volunteering to mentor because I've been fortunate enough to have mentors who guided me throughout my academic and professional careers & I feel like I am finally able to give back. “ – Matthew Gomez, Mentor
- “I would like to give back and help current students achieve their goals, sometimes all it takes is a simple conversation. ” – Jaime Lepe, Mentor
- “I am volunteering because I believe I could had achieved my goals at a faster rate if I had someone who could had given me their perspective of life five years ahead of me. I hope to bring valuable advice to my mentees.” – Manuel Flores, Mentor
How can students and alumni get matched and get started?
Reach out to Alex Spencer email@example.com to receive information from CSUSB about several important next steps, including directions to register for the mentor program.
Haven’t received this information or want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples from other partners: