Main Content Region

Leave of Absence

Any student planning to be absent for more than one term must file a leave of absence petition to preserve the student's current Catalog rights (Title 5, Article 5, Sec. 40401). A Petition must be filed and approved at the office of Advising and Academic Services. See the CSUSB Catalog for the complete policy.

The Leave of Absence petition can now be submitted through your MyCoyote Student Center. Please review the instructions below. 

Leave of Absence "How-To" Guide

Please allow 5 - 7 working days for processing. If you have any questions, please contact Janet Brooks at 


Contact the Office of the Registrar in UH-171 when you plan to return back.

Are you a graduate student? The Graduate Leave of Absence can be found on the Graduate Studies website