COVID-19 / Coronavirus Information Stay Informed
Main Content Region

GE Course Substitution

Requests for general education course substitution must attach a copy of a course description from an official college catalog. A supporting letter from the Department Chair or a course syllabus is optional.

Steps to completing GE Course Substitution Petition: 

  1. Name 
  2. Address, City, State and Zip Code 

  3. Telephone

  4. Coyote ID

  5. Major 

  6. E-mail

  7. Mark General Education Course Substitution 

  8. Request to Substitute Course (i.e. Speech 100) 

  9. From College/University (i.e. University of Riverside)

  10. For Course of Category  (i.e. Comm. 120 - Area A2)

  11. Include a reason for you request 

  12. Sign and Date form

Please return petition to:

Currently, Advising & Academic Services will be operating remotely.
Please scan and e-mail your petition to

Advising & Academic Services
University Hall Room 380
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407



Please allow 5 - 7 working days for processing.