The Assistive Technology & Accessibility Center (ATAC) is a specialized computer lab that provides and supports a variety of assistive technologies (AT) for students, faculty, and staff. AT is traditionally used by individuals with disabilities to facilitate alternative means of access to information. However, many AT programs are often so effective that they are adopted into mainstream use. Thus, the ATAC lab is open to everyone.
Any member of the CSUSB community may use the lab on a walk-in basis. The ATAC lab is accessible 24 hours and staffed for support Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am to 11:00 pm and 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Friday.
ATAC is located on the south side of the main computer lab in PL-1109.D
Adaptive Workstation Locations
CSUSB Campus ATAC Lab: Pfau Library Wedge, PL-1109
Additional ATAC workstations are located in the following locations:
- Jack Brown Hall (2 workstations): JB-123
- Social & Behavioral Sciences: SB-107
- University Hall (2 workstations): UH-385 (SAIL Harbor), UH-007 (Multimedia Language Center)
- College of Education: CE-205
- Pfau Library (7 workstations): 1st floor by reference computers, 1st-floor room, 2nd floor by new elevators, 2nd-floor room 2005, 3rd floor, 4th floor, 5th floor by new elevators
- Santos Manual Student Union: SMSU-202
Palm Desert Satellite Campus:
- PDC Rogers Gateway (3 workstations): RG-105, RG-107, RG-109
- Health Sciences (1 workstation): HS-103
Pictured is the workstation in JB-123