Quality Online Teaching Program
QOTP course evaluation instrument (download here)
Due dates for courses to be taught in Fall:
- 03/15/23: Course map and module-level learning objectives (MLOs) for first module
- 03/31/23: Course map for entire course
- 06/01/23: All course components in place and revised syllabus submitted (designer provides feedback based on evaluation with course evaluation instrument)
- 8/01/23: Deadline for course to be internally certified and therefore completed
Due dates for courses to be taught in Spring:
- 05/01/23: Course map/module-level learning objectives (MLOs) for first module
- 06/01/23: Course map/MLOs for modules 1-8 (suggested)
- 7/31/23: Course map for entire course
- 10/31/23: All course components in place and revised syllabus submitted (designer provides feedback based on evaluation with course evaluation instrument)
- 12/31/23: Deadline for course to be internally certified based on the course evaluation instrument
- Complete the CSUSB “Essentials of Teaching With Canvas” self-guided course (length estimated at six to eight hours, available via MyCoyote>Canvas; this requirement is waived for completers of the CSUSB Canvas Institute).
- Complete the CSUSB "Universal Design and Accessibility For Learners" self-guided course (length estimated at 30 to 60 minutes, available at MyCoyote>My Employment>CSU Learn)
- For Options 1 and 2, complete the CSU Office of the Chancellor QLT course one indicated in one's application (either “Introduction to Teaching Online Using QLT” or “Advanced QLT Course in Teaching Online”). Workload is estimated at about one hour per day for the 21 days of the course. The faculty participant must remain active in the QLT course according to the schedule announced by the facilitators and pass with a score of at least 85%.
- Within three weeks of acceptance to the program, meet with an assigned instructional designer to make a plan to develop your proposed asynchronous online course in Canvas which will fulfill the core objectives of the this course evaluation instrument..
- Meet regularly with your assigned instructional designer and work steadily on the course so that you meet development milestones by the dates listed above.
- Complete the asynchronous online course design in Canvas by August 15, 2023 for courses to be taught in Fall 2023 and by December 31, 2023 for courses to be taught in Spring 2024.
- Teach your completed quality online course using Canvas in the 2023-2024 academic year (Fall, Winter intersession, Spring, or Summer).