Division of Academic Affairs
Academic Affairs aspires to be an exemplary academic division, regarded for its rich diversity, inclusivity, stimulating and supportive learning atmosphere, and impactful contributions to the region and beyond.
Academic Affairs provides leadership and support to California State University, San Bernardino’s diverse student body and the faculty and staff who enrich and inspire them. Efforts are driven by the university’s strategic plan and core values as well as CSU’s system-wide initiatives.
- Provide comprehensive and innovative learning experiences that prepare students for academic success and participation in a professional setting.
- Support faculty in the advancement of research, scholarship and creative activity and in the development of progressive methods of teaching and learning practices.
- Partner with the Faculty Senate and other internal and external constituencies on matters of shared governance as well as those that advance the mission of Academic Affairs and the university as a whole.
- Advance CSU initiatives and CSUSB’s strategic plan.
For additional campus goals related to student and faculty success, see CSUSB’s Strategic Plan 2015-2020.
The Division of Academic Affairs incorporates CSUSB’s established core values – inclusivity, innovation, integrity, respect, social justice and equity, sustainability, transparency, wellness and safety – to accomplish its mission and goals.
Particular emphasis is placed in the following areas:
- Transparency: Academic Affairs affirms the importance of transparency and is committed to providing visible and accessible information related to divisional decisions and practices.
- Equity: The division affirms and is committed to just and fair treatment of faculty, staff and students, and actively seeks to eliminate barriers for those who are disadvantaged.
- Equality: The division supports consistent and fair allocation of resources to students, faculty and staff.
- Collegiality: The division supports and is committed to cooperative, polite and respectful interactions.