ADAPTED PHYSICAL EDUCATION ADDED AUTHORIZATION
Requirements (20 units)
For information on the added authorization, contact the Credential Office, CE-102, (909) 537-7401.
Admission to the Program
In addition to meeting the general requirements of the university for admission as a postbaccalaureate student, admission to the Added Authorization in Adapted Physical Education program requires the following:
1. A valid California teaching credential authorizing the teaching of physical education.
Recommendation for the Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization:
In addition to meeting the general requirements of the university for admission as a post baccalaureate student, admission to the Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization requires one of the following:
- A valid preliminary, clear, professional clear, or life California general education teaching credential based on a baccalaureate degree, and a program of professional preparation including student teaching that authorizes the teaching of physical education in any grades K-12;
- A valid preliminary, professional clear, Level I, Level II, clear or life special education teaching credential with completion of a minimum of twelve semester units, or the equivalent quarter units, in physical education content courses with a minimum of three semester units, or the equivalent quarter units, in both kinesiology and motor development.
Requirements (20 units)
- KINE 311. Introduction to Adapted Physical Education (4)
- KINE 330. Movement Skill Assessment for Individuals with Disabilities (4)
- KINE 332. The Nature and Issues Concerning Individuals with Disabilities (4)
- KINE 333. Applied Behavior Management (4)
- KINE 334. Seminar in Adapted Physical Activity (4)
SINGLE SUBJECT TEACHING CREDENTIAL
The Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology is approved as a single subject matter teaching credential program. In addition to the requirements of the major, students must complete certain prerequisites to the teacher education program. For information about the professional education component, admission to the teacher education program or specific requirements for the single subject matter waiver program, see Page 170 or contact the Credentials Office, CE-102.
For more information please visit our website. Department of Kinesiology
For official information please refer to the university catalog.