Teacher Preperation Program
In order to be recommended for a teaching credential (English Subject Matter Program), students must complete the requirements for the English major as well as the following requirements:
- Students must take the following:
- ENG 240. Writing in the Public Sphere (4)
- ENG 312. Theories of Language Acquisition and Learning (4)
- ENG 327. Literature for Adolescents and Young Adults (4)
- ENG 329. Issues in Literacy and Writing Studies (4)
- ENG 420. English Grammar I (4)
- ENG 510. English in the Secondary Classroom (4)
- Note: Students can apply these courses toward the elective units in their track.
- Four units chosen from:
- ENG 110. World Literature I (4)
- ENG 111. World Literature II (4)
Students must demonstrate subject matter competence as assessed by the Department of English. For information about the professional education component, prerequisites for and admission to the teacher education program, or specific requirements of the single subject teaching credential program, see Page 170 or contact the Credentials Office, CE-102. For subject matter programs in English with concentrations in Communication or Theatre Arts, see listings under the Communication Studies or Theatre Arts Departments, respectively.
For more information please visit our website. Department of English
For official information please refer to the university catalog.