DEPARTMENTAL HONORS IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING
The department faculty will determine whether a student is to be awarded departmental honors based upon the following criteria:
- Demonstration of independent work by achieving a grade of "C" or better (2.0) in any one of the following:
- CSE 575. Internship in Computer Science (4)
- CSE 595. Independent Study (4)
- PHYS 585. Internship in Physics (4)
- PHYS 595. Independent Study (4)
- Attainment of a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0 ("B") in all university courses attempted and a minimum grade point average of 3.5 in all computer science courses required by the major.
- At least five upper-division computer engineering courses required by the major must be taken at this university.
Candidacy for honors in computer engineering is voluntary and must be applied for at the beginning of the senior year. Approval of honors rests solely with the department and other factors may weigh in their judgment.
For official information please refer to the university catalog.