Advancement to Candidacy
In order to be advanced to candidacy, a student must have:
- Selected an advisor with the consent of the faculty member and the approval of the graduate coordinator;
- Formed a three member advisory committee prior to completion of 16 units;
- Secured approval from student's advisory committee and graduate coordinator of a course of study, prior to completion of 20 units.
Requirements for Graduation
- Advancement to candidacy;
- A minimum of 45 quarter units of acceptable graduate level work with no fewer than 32 of these units at the 500- or 600-level;
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 ("B") in all graduate course work and grades of "C" (2.0) or better in all courses in the program;
- A capstone experience of a project or internship approved by the student's advisory committee and graduate coordinator;
- Successful completion of TA 695 or 699 which also meets the department's graduation writing requirements.
For more information please visit our website. Department of Theatre Arts
For official information please refer to the university catalog.