Advancement to Candidacy
To be advanced to candidacy, the student must have:
- Achieved classified status;
- Completed SPAN 606 with a grade of "B" or better;
- Completed a total of 16 to 20 quarter units of classes with an overall grade point average of 3.0 ("B");
- Submission of appropriate documentation verifying knowledge of a language other than English or Spanish at either the 103 or third quarter (or equivalent) level.
Requirements for Graduation
- Advancement to candidacy;
- Successful completion of 45 quarter units of acceptable graduate work with at least 35 units completed at CSUSB. All course work taken at other institutions must be approved by the Graduate Committee;
- An overall GPA of at least 3.0 ("B") in all graduate-level course work;
- Successful completion of SPAN 697 (based on core courses in either option as well as a reading list prepared by the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures);
- The graduation writing requirement is met upon the successful completion of SPAN 697.
For more information please visit our website. Department of World Languages and Literatures
For official information please refer to the university catalog.