Advancement to Candidacy
To be advanced to candidacy, a student must have:
- Achieved classified status;
- Satisfied the general university requirements for advancement to candidacy;
- Selected a thesis committee and gained approval of the thesis topic by the thesis committee if a thesis is chosen;
- Completed with a grade point average of 3.0 ("B"), at least 48 quarter units of course work;
- Demonstrated academic and professional competence in field and classroom.
For more information please visit our website. School of Social Work
For official information please refer to the university catalog.