Advancement to Candidacy

Advancement to Candidacy

In order to be formally advanced to candidacy, a student must have:

  1. Achieved classified graduate standing;
  2. Satisfactorily completed EREH 615 with a grade of "B" (3.0) or better;
  3. Filed an approved Graduate Program Plan in consultation with the program advisor and coordinator;
  4. Secured approval of candidacy from the College of Education;
  5. Filed an approved graduate program for completion of the degree. This must be prepared in consultation with an advisor in the College of Education and approved by the College and the Dean of Graduate Studies;
  6. Submitted a proposal for the graduation writing requirement.

Requirements for Graduation

  1. A minimum of 72 quarter units of acceptable work, with 59 completed in residence at this university;
  2. A minimum of 48 quarter units of credit taken after a student has been advanced to candidacy for the degree;
  3. A grade point average of 3.0 ("B") in course work taken to satisfy the Master of Arts degree requirements, including a minimum of a "B" in EREH 615 and 616A, and grades of "C" (2.0) or better in all courses in the program;
  4. Successful completion of the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) Examination, which is a national Certification examination given by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification in Shaumburg, Illinois.

For more information please visit our website. Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling