Advancement to Candidacy
To be advanced to candidacy, the student must:
- Achieve classified status;
- Complete 20 quarter units of core coursework with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 ("B");
- Submit a formal program of study of graduate coursework prepared in consultation with the major advisor and approved by the MPH graduate coordinator. The program will include a professional field experience, project, thesis, or comprehensive examination;
- If the thesis option is selected, identify a faculty member from the Department of Health Science and Human Ecology who will chair the student's thesis committee;
- Be recommended for advancement to candidacy from the graduate coordinator of the selected concentration area.
For more information please visit our website. Department of Health Science and Human Ecology
For official information please refer to the university catalog.