Admission to Program
In addition to the general requirements of the university, specific requirements for admission to the M.B.A. for Executives program are:
- Minimum of five years experience as a manager in charge of a significant annual budget, staff, and/or operations;
- Participants are required to have basic skills and competence in computer applications i.e., word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and the Internet;
- Completion of the graduate entrance writing requirement;
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college;
- A letter of Corporate or Individual Sponsorship. This letter ensures that the participants' sponsors will agree to allow them to attend classes two times per week, and determines if their sponsors plan to cover all or part of their educational fees. If a participant is self-sponsored, the employer should confirm their agreement with his/her attendance;
- An acceptable Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score which may be waived upon proof of substantial work experience (minimum 10 years) and significant managerial or professional experience (minimum of five years) with the approval of the M.B.A. Director and Graduate Committee. Managerial experience is defined as work experience in which the primary duty includes the overall responsibility for an enterprise, subdivision, department or similar independent or quasi-independent organization. Duties typically include such things as hiring and firing personnel, planning, discretion and judgment, and organizing and controlling work that substantially affects a major aspect of the organization's operations. Individuals with this level of responsibility usually have titles such as "manager," "director," "vice-president," "president," "chief information officer," "chief financial officer," "chief operating officer." Professional experience is work that requires advanced knowledge acquired by a prolonged course of specialized study and involved work that is predominately intellectual and varied in character. Examples would include medical doctors, dentists, psychologists, lawyers, and certified public accountants;
- In addition to the GMAT results, all international applicants who have not completed three years of full-time study at the secondary or postsecondary level where English was the language of instruction must take the Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or complete Level 6 of CSUSB's ESL Program or score a 7 on the IELTS exam.
Suitability for admission to the program will be based on an examination of the entire application package.
For more information please visit our website: MBA Program
For official information please refer to the university catalog.