Advancement to Candidacy
In order to be advanced to candidacy, the student must:
- Achieve classified status;
- Complete at least 15 quarter units and not more than 20 units of applicable work as a graduate student at this university, with a grade point average of at least 3.0 ("B");
- Begin assembling their portfolio by contributing at least one exemplary problem solution or one proof as described in item 6 of "Requirements for Graduation;"
- Submit a formal program of graduate work prepared in consultation with and approved by the departmental graduate committee;
- Gain final approval of the program and of the candidacy itself by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
For more information please visit our website. Department of Mathematics
For official information please refer to the university catalog.