Advancement to Candidacy
In order to be advanced to candidacy, the student must have:
- Achieved classified status;
- Been accepted by a major advisor from the faculty of the Department of Health Science and Human Ecology who will also accept chairing the student's thesis committee if the thesis option is selected;
- Completion of 20 quarter units of required course work as a graduate student at this university with approval of the graduate coordinator and with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 ("B"); and with a grade of "B-" or better in all coursework;
- Candidacy will be granted upon completion of HSCI 610 and 611 plus completion of 12 additional quarter units of appropriate course work at California State University, San Bernardino;
- Gained a recommendation for advancement to candidacy from the Graduate Coordinator of the Department of Health Science and Human Ecology;
- Submitted a formal program of study of graduate course work prepared in consultation with the major advisor and approved by the graduate coordinator of the Department of Health Science and Human Ecology. The program will include an administrative residency/internship, comprehensive examination, or thesis.
For more information please visit our website. Department of Health Science and Human Ecology
For official information please refer to the university catalog.