Admission to Program
In addition to the general requirements of the university, specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 ("B") for the major or for the last 90 quarter units of the bachelor's degree, or for at least 12 units of graduate work;
- Completion of the graduate entrance writing requirement;
- Completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE);
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from the school where the candidate most recently graduated, or from someone who can attest to the candidate's academic and scholastic ability in a graduate degree program;
- A double-spaced paper not to exceed three pages providing a biographical sketch of the student's life, work background, and experiences. The paper is to be concluded with a discussion (not to exceed one page) which addresses the reasons for applying to this graduate program, plus career goals and aspirations.
Students who meet the above criteria may be admitted as conditionally classified graduate students. To attain fully classified status, students must satisfy conditions set by the department's graduate committee, plus completion of 12 additional quarter units of appropriate course work at California State University, San Bernardino with a grade point average of 3.0 ("B") or better and removal of deficiencies, if any.
For more information please visit our website. Department of Health Science and Human Ecology
For official information please refer to the university catalog.