Advancement to Candidacy
In order to be formally advanced to candidacy, a student must have:
- Achieved classified graduate standing;
- Completed, with a grade point average of 3.0 ("B"), 16 quarter hours of course work, at least 12 of which must have been at this university and approved by an advisor in the Educational Administration program;
Note: Between the time of completing 15 units and 23 units of applicable course work the student is required to apply for advancement to candidacy.
- Filed an approved graduate program for completion of the degree. This must be prepared in consultation with an advisor in the College of Education and approved by the Dean of the College of Education and the Dean of Graduate Studies.
Requirements for Graduation
- A minimum of 45 quarter units of acceptable work with 32 completed in residence at this university;
- A minimum of 24 quarter units of credit taken after a student has been advanced to candidacy for the degree;
- A grade point average of 3.0 ("B") in course work taken to satisfy the Master of Arts degree requirements and grades of "C" (2.0) or better in all courses in the program;
- Successful completion of the Comprehensive Evaluation in Educational Administration (EADM 692) or Master's Thesis in Educational Administration (EADM 699) which will complete the graduation writing requirement;
- Any additional general requirements not cited above and listed on Page 368.
For more information please visit our website. College of Education
For official information please refer to the university catalog.