Admission to Program
In addition to the general requirements of the university, specific requirements for admission to classified status are:
- Official admission to the university;
- Application for admission to the College of Education for the M.A. in Education, Special Education Option;
- Submission of an application for a Certificate of Clearance or evidence of a credential or permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC);
- Completion of prerequisite courses ESPE 530 and 531 with grades of "B" or better;
- Three letters of recommendation, one from the school where the candidate has most recently taught or is currently teaching, to be evaluated by faculty members in the program;
- Completion of the graduate entrance writing requirement by one of the following:
- Completion, with a grade of "B" (3.0) or better, of one of the following courses: EDUC 306, ENG 306, HUM 306, MGMT 306, NSCI 306, or SSCI 306 at this university or an equivalent course;
- Satisfactory completion of the Writing Requirement Exemption Examination (WREE) offered at this university;
- Applicants must possess a minimum undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.67 in all baccalaureate and postbaccalaureate course work or at least 2.75 in the last 90 quarter units attempted.
Students who do not meet these criteria may be admitted as conditionally classified graduate students. Students admitted in this category may be changed to classified standing with approval of the College of Education. No more than 20 quarter units may be used to demonstrate fitness to complete the program.
For more information please visit our website. Special Education Program
For official information please refer to the university catalog.