Degree Requirements (48 units)
- EDUC 603. Effective Communication in Education (4)
- EDUC 605. Foundations of Education (4)
- EDUC 607. Introduction to Educational Research (4)
Cohort courses (24 units)
- EDUC 611. Foundations of Integrative and Holistic Models of Education (4)
- EDUC 613. Integration and Meaning in Education (4)
- EDUC 615. Exploring Arts, Creativity and Sign Systems (4)
- EDUC 617. Exploring Integrative and Holistic Curriculum Theory (4)
- EDUC 619. Seminar in Holistic Education (4)
- EDUC 621. Assessment and Research: Holistic Perspective (4)
Students will be directed to register in specially designated sections of the above courses open only to teachers in the program cohort. All courses in the program are appropriate for teachers at any grade level or school setting.
Culminating Experience (12 units)
Students must complete one of the categories below:
- EDUC 600. Master's Degree Project (4)
- Eight units of individually selected coursework, approved by the program coordinator.
- EDUC 999. Comprehensive Examination (0)
- Twelve units of individually selected coursework, approved by the program coordinator.
For more information please visit our website. Department of Language, Literacy and Culture
For official information please refer to the university catalog.