Advancement to Candidacy
Advancement to CandidacyIn order to be advanced to candidacy, a student must have:
- Achieved classified standing;
- Completed at least 16 quarter units of acceptable course work at this university, with the approval of the program coordinator and with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 ("B") or better;
- Filed an approved graduate program for completion of the degree. This must be prepared in consultation with the program coordinator.
Requirements for Graduation
- A minimum of 48 quarter units of acceptable work, with a minimum of 35 units completed at this university;
- Successful completion of the six required program courses;
- Successful completion of a M.A. project/thesis or comprehensive examination.
- Any additional general requirements not cited above and listed on Page 368.
A satisfactory project is one which must be reported in the form of a paper. The purpose of the project is for the student to communicate ideas gained in research, experimentation and creative endeavors; therefore, students should not feel bound to traditional forms. The project proposal and the project must be approved by the student's advisor and one other professor in the College of Education and submitted in an approved format. Further information is available from the College of Education regarding an approved format for the project proposal and project.
For more information please visit our website. Department of Language, Literacy and Culture
For official information please refer to the university catalog.