Admission to Program
In addition to the general requirements of the university specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- A valid teaching credential or one year of teaching experience;
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 overall and 3.0 in the major;
- Completion of the graduate entrance writing requirement;
- Three letters of recommendation, one from the school where the candidate has most recently taught or is currently teaching, to be evaluated by faculty members in the program;
- A typewritten statement of purpose of no more than 150 words including the applicant's personal goals for the graduate education program.
No more than 20 quarter units may be used to demonstrate fitness to complete the program.
For more information please visit our website. Department of Educational Leadership and Curriculum
For official information please refer to the university catalog.