Admission to Program
In addition to the general requirements of the university, specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- Attend an Educational Counseling Program admission orientation meeting (call the Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling for orientation schedule);
- Submission of an Admissions Portfolio following criteria and guidelines provided at the orientation meetings. Portfolios will be evaluated in accordance to the Educational Counseling program portfolio rubric, student will be notified as to their status to enroll in ECLG 531. Completed portfolio contains:
- Application and current vitae/resume;
- Transcripts of all higher education coursework;
- Written Personal Statement;
- Three positive recommendations from persons having knowledge of applicant's counseling potential (forms provided by program);
- Proof of successful completion of the CBEST;
- Evidence of current negative TB skin test;
- Evidence of possession of a valid California teaching credential or a Certificate of Clearance for eligibility to participate in fieldwork;
- Completion of EDUC 306 (or its equivalent) with a grade of "B" or better (fulfills the graduate entrance writing requirement);
- Evidence of technological literacy in six areas: word processing, database, computer presentation, downloading, internet and email;
- Completion of ECLG 531 with a grade of "B" (3.0) or better.
For more information please visit our website. Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling
For official information please refer to the university catalog.