Administrative Services Professional
Requirements (18 units)
Admission to the Program
In addition to the general requirements of the university for admission as a postbaccalaureate student, admission to the Professional Administrative Services Credential program requires the following:
- Application for admission to the program;
- A valid clear Preliminary Services Credential;
- Verification of current employment of at least one year in an administrative position;
- A 3.0 ("B") grade point average in all graduate work;
- An Individual Program Plan (IP) on file.
Recommendation for the Professional Credential
In order to be recommended for a credential, the student must have:
- A minimum of two years of full-time school administrative experience in the public schools, or private schools or equivalent;
- Completed all program requirements while employed in a full-time school administrative position.
Credential Requirements (8-18 units)
- EADM 681. Vision and Learning (3)
- EADM 682. Culture for Student Learning and Professional Growth (3)
- EADM 683. Organization and Resource Management (3)
- EADM 684. Collaboration with Diverse Families and Communities (3)
- EADM 685. Leadership Capacity and Ethics (3)
- EADM 686. Factors of School Context (3)
The program includes development of an individual induction plan for each candidate based on a needs assessment and includes a mentoring component.
Students with five or more years experience in educational administration must register for courses but may document proficiency on administrative services standards as an alternative to completing course assignments with consent of the program coordinator.
Alternative Assessment Program (8 units)
As an alternative to the regular program, students with four or more years of administrative experience may, with consent of the coordinator, verify competency by demonstrating knowledge, skills, and abilities through an assessment/evaluation component by completing the following courses:
- EADM 687. Professional Development and Assessment (4)
- EADM 688. Professional Development and Evaluation (4)