Certificate requirements (36 units)
- Proficiency in German equal to GER 103. College German III or equivalent and completion of the following requirements with a grade point average of 2.7 ("B-") or better.
- Note: Entering students with previous training in German, and those who are native speakers, should contact the Department of World Languages and Literatures for information about advanced placement and credit by examination.
Lower-division requirements (12 units)
- GER 212. Composition (4)
- GER 214. Conversation (4)
- GER 216. Introduction to Literary Texts (4)
Upper-division requirements (24 units)
- ENG 306. Expository Writing (4)
- GER 309. Advanced German Composition (4)
- GER 311. Survey of German Literature (4)
- GER 312. Business German (4)
- GER 313. Technical and Scientific Translation (4)
- HUM 460. Cultural Studies (4) (when the topic pertains to Germany)